Tuesday, May 17, 2022
HomeNewsIsraeli ex-security leaders sound warning over deteriorating domestic security

Israeli ex-security leaders sound warning over deteriorating domestic security

-

Former Israeli Minister (Res.) Yoav Galant said on Tuesday that if no immediate steps are taken regarding the deterioration of the internal security situation, there is a “great fear” that the security forces may lose control.

In a speech at a conference in Tel Aviv of former senior members of the Israeli defense establishment, organized by him and the “If You Will” organization, Galant said that nationalist crime is rampant in parts of the Negev and the Galilee is spreading.

“If we lose the Negev and the Galilee, Tel Aviv and Jerusalem will also be lost,” he said.

The former commander of the Southern Command of the Israel Defense Forces commented on the recent increase in violence among Bedouin in southern Israel, including scales of Israeli vehicles traveling in the area and theft of weapons and IDF ammunition. Earlier this month, Bedouin rioted in the Negev .

Maj. Gen. (Res.) Israel Ziv, former head of the IDF’s Operations Division, said that Israel witnessed “the Islamization of the Bedouin population and the process of uncontrolled nationalization.”

What was now a “small” problem, he said “would become another Iranian problem” down the road.

Arab-Arab crime in the country has also steadily increased. In 2021, according to Abraham’s initiatives, 126 Arabs were murdered in incidents related to violence and crime. Less than 100 people were killed the year before.

David Tzur, former commander of the Tel Aviv district and commander of the Border Police, said that Israeli law enforcement agencies can do the job, if they get the right tools.

“When the Israeli police decided to expel the Jewish criminal organizations, it succeeded,” Tzur said. “We need to give the police the necessary tools [to take out the Arab crime organizations]. 80 percent of the police budget is earmarked for salaries, and of the remaining 20 percent, 15 are earmarked for maintenance. That leaves only five percent of the budget for activities. It is impossible to act in this way and it requires significant change. “

IDF Maj. Gen. (Res.) Gershon HaCohen said that the leadership and the public in Israel deny the problem.

“There is a war [being waged] “Unfortunately, our leadership and Israeli society are doing everything to deny the situation,” he added.

images Source

Please Note: This content is regenerated by AI, and All media is hosted by a 3rd party server. Sometimes these servers may include advertisements. telavivi.co.il does not host or upload this material and is not responsible for the content.

Related articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest posts